Thursday, February 18, 2010

Handmade Elegance -- Wearable Art by Rosebud Lips


Rosebud Lips is as sweet as it sounds. The unique shop, which we first came across on Etsy, features beautiful, handmade, truly one-of-a-kind elegant headbands (children’s too!), necklaces, hats and brooches. Small treasures you will not find anywhere else. We promise. Not to mention a gorgeous Bridal Suite collection. This shop becomes an addiction as you browse through the silk embellished pieces full of color and texture. The delicate headwear is something like we’ve never seen – it is beyond a work of art.

Vintage Diva Rosebud pink silk wrapped headband with silk embellished rosebuds $26

Sweet N Sassy Rosebud Headband perfect for you or your little fashionista! $24

Vintage Garden Beanie Hat 'Cotton Candy Surprise' $32

We want you to adore Lauren, the designer just as much as we do so here is a little bit about her & the story behind Rosebud Lips – be prepared to fall in love with Rosebud Lips & the passion Lauren gives - you can just feel the energy!

Q. Tell us about the meaning behind the name.

Rosebud Lips. That's the nickname that my mom gave me when I was a little girl, and then my daughter (her grand-daughter). All three generations shared the Rosebud Lips. I have always been creative, and learned to sew at a young age. I was taught by my grandmother (Nana) and my mom (Tama). I have always loved fashion, and at a young age moved to New York City. I had the opportunity to intern for designer Cynthia Rowley, which was an amazing experience. To tell you why I became a designer would have to be because of my sweet memories of being a little girl (about 4) and dancing around in my Nana's silk bed sheets (my cape), adorned with her costume jewelry. I felt like a princess. My Nana has collected jewelry from my family generations back, and I felt like each piece had a story.

This inspired me to use antiques in my pieces. I love textures, antiques, fabric and jewelry. Together, these form my concepts for my collection-- Making every woman feel beautiful I started the company in 2009, shortly after my mom passed away from Cancer. She was my best friend, and my biggest supporter. She was an artist herself, and she told me to follow my dreams and be creative. This motivated me to leave the marketing/PR world that I worked in for over 5 years. She has changed the course of my life, and I'm so excited for what the future holds.

Q. Tell us about Set Hope Free.

Set Hope Free. This is a project that I'm so passionate about. It's about redeeming women who have been held captive and have been sold into slavery. Human trafficking doesn't just happen in other countries, but in our cities. Every item that is sold through Rosebud Lips contributes to a care package that is being sent to help these women reclaim their dignity. To make them feel beautiful again. My heart desires to set hope free among these women and children. To bring awareness of trafficking, so that we may protect our loved ones, and rescue those that have been enslaved. To learn more, go towww.iamchange.org and see what we are doing.

Stay tuned…Lauren is in the process of creating a children’s line of clothing that we are just dying to see! In the meantime, stay up to date with everything Rosebud Lips on Twitter, Facebook & their blog! As for shopping - go here - your wardrobe will thank you when you spruce it up with Rosebud Lips.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails